Last updated on 01 September 2021
- By purchasing a License Key via the Website, subscribing to our newsletter, submitting a complaint, withdrawing from the contract or simply contacting us, you provide us with your personal data and we guarantee that your data will remain confidential, secure and will not become available to any third party without your permission.
- All personal data that we obtain is either provided to us voluntarily or collected automatically, in order to properly fulfill our rights and obligations under the Terms and Conditions.
- We do our best to protect your privacy and all personal data that we obtain and only keep the data for as long as it is absolutely necessary.
- You have some rights concerning the processing of your personal data, arising from the applicable law.
- You can contact us anytime at: email@example.com
How personal data is obtained
- Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. We collect and receive personal data through the Website and through Sizzy.
- We collect personal data:
- that you choose to voluntarily provide to us for your use of the Services;
- by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit the Website;
- by automatically receiving data from your Sizzy, after you activate your license (only the IP address, computer ID, computer name, OS name, and version of Sizzy - after you activate your License Key, each time you run Sizzy on your device);
- Sizzy has a built-in web browser. Browsing history is limited to the last URL entered and is stored only locally on your device. This data is not sent or synced anywhere.
- We automatically send crash reports through Sentry. This makes it easier for us to troubleshoot problems and release fixes when something goes wrong. We collect anonymous usage data with Mixpanel. This data is completely anonymous and it only tracks the usage of features, plugins, settings etc. This data helps us prioritize work and improve Sizzy. Usage analytics do not include any personal data or sensitive information. You can opt-out out of sending usage data and crash reports in Settings `-> About.
The types of personal data we may obtain
- We may collect and receive the following personal data:
- country of your location;
- your name and email address;
- your VAT number, company name and company address;
- your payment details (such as bank account information, cardholder name, card number, card expiration date and security code / CVV);
- personal data included in comments posted by you on our Trello board;
- IP address, computer ID, computer name, OS name, and version of Sizzy (after you activate your License Key, each time you run Sizzy on your device).
- We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
How we may use personal data
- We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To conclude and perform our purchase and license agreement, under the applicable Terms and Conditions;
- To analyze how the Website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to the Website as they move from page to page;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our Terms and Conditions;
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, about our products and services, or to send you our newsletter.
- We process personal data because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations and for the purpose of our legitimate interests. In particular, our legitimate interests are our commercial company interest (e.g. to improve our products and services), our interest to make use of direct marketing, our interest to prevent fraud and our interest to report possible criminal acts or threats to competent authorities.
- Please note that some of the personal data that we process is required for us to meet our legal obligations. Providing us with the following personal data may be necessary to enter into a binding contract (to purchase a subscription) and to receive an invoice:
- as a consumer - your name, email address, payment details;
- as a company or another legal entity - your name, email address, company name, VAT number, payment details.
- to show the Changelog widget provided by Headway. Headway stores a cookie to know how many unread Changelog posts you have since you last visited the Website, so it can show you a badge with a number. The widget does not aggregate information about the host website, nor does it send information about users to Headwayapp.co. For more information on how Headway deals with personal data, visit https://headwayapp.co/privacy.
How we may share personal data
- We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need to know basis with the following third parties:
- Service providers, who guarantee the use of appropriate security measures and the security of personal data required by law;
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
- We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
- Please note that when you purchase Sizzy, Paddle will ask you if you want to receive product updates. If you say yes, your email address will be added to our mailing list, handled by Mailgun Technologies, Inc., 535 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94105.
Data transfers outside the EEA
- We may transfer the personal data we obtain to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. In particular, personal data may be transferred to the United States.
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How Long We Retain Personal Data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the Services, until you have cancelled your subscription, unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies.
- You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to request rectification, or erasure of personal data, or restriction of, or objection to processing of your personal data. You may also request us to provide you your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format which can be transmitted to another controller.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or to otherwise prove your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
How to Contact Us